CHESS Magazine – August 2017: Hot & Cold
CHESS Magazine – August 2017
Magnus Carlsen tops the Grand Chess Tour standings but a poor performance in Norway sees his world number 1 spot in jeopardy!
Magazine, 60 pages
UK’s most popular CHESS Magazine – established 1935! All the regular features of the UK’s best-selling CHESS magazine plus more! In this issue:
- Scintillating Sasi! – Krishnan Sasikiran surpassed Vassily Ivanchuk in Cuba
- Awesome Aronian, Carlsen Crumbles – Levon Aronian’s fine form continued in Norway
- A Return to Kos – David Gilbert enjoyed his time at the ACO World Championships
- Rising Stars – Daniel Fernandez and Ravi Haria annotate their best 4NCL games
- The Grand Chess Tour in Pictures – The opening events in Paris and Leuven certainly caught the eye
- Daniel Fernandez – Junior Tay caught up with the rising star after his third GM norm
- Introducing… Hector Shoosmith – John Saunders on the tragic life of an early British chess pro
- Azerbaijani GMs Make Their Mark in Iraq – Robert Cole of the AMAR Charitable Foundation explains
- When Extra is Less – Steve Giddins shows why an extra tempo is not always useful
Plus all the regular features such as: How Good is Your Chess?, Saunders on Chess, Find the Winning Moves, Never Mind the Grandmasters, Studies, Home & Overseas News, Calendar and Book Reviews.