CHESS Magazine – January 2017: Carlsen Cuts it Close!
CHESS Magazine – January 2017
Carlsen Cuts it Close!
Magazine, 60 pages
UK’s most popular CHESS Magazine – established 1935! All the regular features of the UK’s best-selling CHESS magazine plus more! In this issue:
- The Play-off – After Carlsen’s fightback, the big match came down to rapid chess
- Again to Leeds! – Andrew Smith enjoyed his return to the British Rapidplay
- Millionaire Chess – Steve Barrett reports from Atlantic City, home of MC3
- The Christmas Quiz – Charles Higgie has 12 fiendishly difficult festive puzzles
- Santa Monica is Coming to Town! – John Henderson remembers the second Piatigorsky Cup
- Are You Sitting Comfortably? – Amatzia Avni shares some of his favourite chess stories
- Running Out of Theory: Part 2 – Matthew Lunn continues to draw some important lessons
- Saunders on Chess – John reflects on New York and looks forward to Gibraltar
Plus all the regular features such as: How Good is Your Chess?, Saunders on Chess, Find the Winning Moves, Never Mind the Grandmasters, Studies, Home & Overseas News, Calendar and Book Reviews.BUY IT NOW