CHESS Magazine – September 2017: Gawain Again!
CHESS Magazine – September 2017
Magazine, 60 pages
UK’s most popular CHESS Magazine – established 1935! All the regular features of the UK’s best-selling CHESS magazine plus more! In this issue:
- Personal Bests – Wojtaszek triumphed at Dortmund and MVL shone in St. Louis
- Radjabov Returns – Steve Giddins on a small upset at the Geneva Grand Prix
- Keeping up with the Joneses – Gawain Jones won an enthralling speed play-off in Llandudno
- Making Your Own Fortune – Craig Hanley certainly made the most of his return to the board
- Best of British – Luke McShane & Gawain Jones on their best games from the British
- A Close-Run Thing – Roger Emerson reports on the hard-fought British Over-65s
- That Missed Draw – Jonathan Speelman spotted a draw in a famous bishop endgame
- Forgetting Our Intention – Amatzia Avni on a peculiar type of error and how to avoid it
- Falling Into It – Matthew Lunn on why we might want to fall into an opening trap
- Which World Champion Are You? – Like many, Milos Pavlovic has his favourite world champion
Plus all the regular features such as: How Good is Your Chess?, Saunders on Chess, Find the Winning Moves, Never Mind the Grandmasters, Studies, Home & Overseas News, Calendar and Book Reviews.