CHESS Magazine – August 2014
Triple World Champion – Magnus Carlsen Storms Dubai
Magazine, 60 pages
UK’s most popular CHESS Magazine – established 1935! All the regular features of the UK’s best-selling CHESS magazine plus more! In this issue:
- The Triple Crown – Magnus Carlsen conquered the World Rapid and Blitz Championships
- 60 Second With – Grandmaster David Howell
- An Indian Invasion – Sabrina Chevannes reports from the Commonwealth Championship
- To Norway! – John-Paul Wallace visited his favourite country
- Norwegian Blues – Can we learn from the blunders of the Elite?
- Doing Porridge – Steve Giddins was inspired by a classic sitcom
- Scholastic Chess – Matthew Lunn discusses the benefits of it
- To Tromso – James Coleman takes a good at the forthcoming Olympiad
- A Whale of a Game against Jonah – James Essinger discovered the importance of staying calm
- A Classic Candidates – John Saunders looks back on the 1991 quarter-finals
Plus all the regular features such as: How Good is Your Chess? Saunders on Chess, Studies, Home & Overseas News, Find the Winning Moves, Calendar, Book Reviews.
DOWNLOAD THE GAMES FROM THIS ISSUE: CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD IN PGN FORMAT
To open these files you’ll need a PGN reader or Chess software such as HIARCS Chess Explorer, Fritz, Houdini or Chessbase.