Chess Magazine – August 2015
CHESS Magazine – August 2015
Magazine, 60 pages
UK’s most popular CHESS Magazine – established 1935! All the regular features of the UK’s best-selling CHESS magazine plus more! In this issue:
- Magnus Proves Mortal – All the action from a dramatic Norway Chess 2015
- Fabiano’s Fightback – Caruana blew away the field in Dortmund
- The Yes2Chess Grand Final – Matthew Lunn reports from both Parliament and Hyde Park
- Obituary: Walter Browne – Remembering the charismatic giant of American chess
- The Great Ladies of Devon Chess – Bob Jones begins his exploration with Rhoda Annie Bowles
- The Deadly Catalan Bishop – Steve Giddins stumbled upon a copy of Shakhmanty Bulletin
- Hope Springs Eternal – Junior Tay shows that an opening trap doesn’t have to be fatal
- Defanging the Tricky 7 Qf3 in the Taimanov: Part II – Erik Kislik reveals a second equaliser for Black
- National Chess Day – David Levens is organising one on September 12th
Plus all the regular features such as: How Good is Your Chess?, Saunders on Chess, Find the Winning Moves, Never Mind the Grandmasters, Studies, Home & Overseas News, Calendar and Book Reviews.
To open these files you’ll need a PGN reader or Chess software such as HIARCS Chess Explorer, Fritz, Houdini or Chessbase.