CHESS Magazine – December 2014
Alexander Grishuk conquers all at the Petrosian Memorial – becomes new world no. 3 and only the eighth person to break 2800 barrier
Magazine, 60 pages
UK’s most popular CHESS Magazine – established 1935! All the regular features of the UK’s best-selling CHESS magazine plus more! In this issue:
- A New Series – Steve Giddins on the first two events in the new Grand Prix
- Andrew Whiteley Memorial Blitz – John Saunders reports from a very apt tribute to the late IM
- Grischuk Dominates – The Russian no. 1 blew the field away at the Petrosian Memorial
- The Classic Cometh – James Coleman looks ahead to the London Chess Classic
- Checks and Chips – Simon Ansell reports on an innovative chess and poker event
- Vegan Knights – Matthew Lunn on an underrated location for the Knight
- Dominance – Cory & Larry Evans look at what game theory can teach us
- The Greek Defence – Chess can make you a winner says Dominic Lawson
Plus all the regular features such as: How Good is Your Chess? Saunders on Chess, Studies, Home & Overseas News, Find the Winning Moves, Calendar, Book Reviews.
DOWNLOAD THE GAMES FROM THIS ISSUE: CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD IN PGN FORMAT
To open these files you’ll need a PGN reader or Chess software such as HIARCS Chess Explorer, Fritz, Houdini or Chessbase.