CHESS Magazine – January 2020: Ding Does it Again!
CHESS Magazine – January 2020
Ding Does it Again!
Magazine, 60 pages
All the regular features of the UK’s best-selling CHESS magazine and more! Regular features include: How Good is Your Chess? by GM Daniel King, Saunders on Chess, Find the Winning Moves, Never Mind the Grandmasters…, Studies, Home & Overseas News, Forthcoming Events Calendar and Book Reviews.
In this issue:
- Editorial – Malcolm Pein on the latest developments in the game
- 60 Seconds with…GM Mihail Marin – The leading chess writer still loves to travel to tournaments
- How Good is Your Chess? – The Petroff remains under attack, as shown by Daniel King
- So Near, But Yet… – Luke McShane outplayed the world no.2, and almost won
- Monster Mash comes to Daventry – The Terafinal saw some epic battles, which Tim Wall enjoyed
- Finland, Finland, Finland – James Essinger reports from the country where he wants to be
- The Best of 2019 – Sean Marsh rounds up his favourite books of the past year
- Six of the Best! – Movie buff Michael Renouf on what to watch over Christmas
- The Christmas Quiz – Will you manage to solve our teasers over the festive period?
- Chess for Life – BH Wood’s former opponent Eugene Salomon is still playing at 91
- The Wily Hendriks Experience – Did you know John Henderson is a Hendrix and a Hendriks fan?
- On the Comeback Trail – Bernard Hare enjoyed his first Scarborough Congress in many a year
- The Kan Crushed – Carl Strugnell continues to enjoy facing the Sicilian
- Never Mind the Grandmasters… – Carl continues to be rather annoyed by those who eat at the board
- Find the Winning Moves – Can you do as well as the players on the Isle of Man?
- Overseas News – Magnus Carlsen was utterly dominant at the Tata Steel Rapid
- Home News – All the latest results and the ECF Book of the Year winner
- This Month’s New Releases – Ben Graff very much enjoyed Jonathan Rowson’s new work
- Saunders on Chess – John rounds up the Classic and reflects on the London Conference
Click here to download a free PDF preview of this issue
DOWNLOAD THE GAMES FROM THIS ISSUE: PGN FORMAT | CBV FORMAT
To open these files you’ll need a PGN reader or Chess software such as HIARCS Chess Explorer, Fritz, Houdini or Chessbase.