CHESS Magazine – July 2017: Shak Attack!
CHESS Magazine – July 2017
Shak Mamedyarov wins Moscow Grand Prix and breaks the 2800 barrier!
Magazine, 60 pages
UK’s most popular CHESS Magazine – established 1935! All the regular features of the UK’s best-selling CHESS magazine plus more! In this issue:
- Not a Classic – Steve Giddins wasn’t overly taken with the Moscow Grand Prix
- Bundesliga Brilliance – Matthew Lunn presents two creative gems from the Bundesliga
- Sun Shines on the Seniors – James Plaskett enjoyed the World Senior Team Championship
- Winning on One Side – Jonathan Speelman on drawn-looking rook and knight endgames
- The Delancey UK Chess Challenge in 2017 – Sarah Longson has taken over running this vast and popular event
- Man vs Machine – 20 years of mindgames – Kanwal Bhatia on the rise of the computer
- The Annoying …Ìg4 Sally – Junior Tay continues to show the power an early …Ìg4 can pack
- Not Quite Petrosian: Part II – James Essinger continues his fun look at chess in East Kent
- Chasing Norms – Carl Strugnell was to be pleasantly surprised in County Kerry
Plus all the regular features such as: How Good is Your Chess?, Saunders on Chess, Find the Winning Moves, Never Mind the Grandmasters, Studies, Home & Overseas News, Calendar and Book Reviews.