CHESS Magazine – June 2017: Lev’s Back!
CHESS Magazine – June 2017
A resurgent Levon Aronian outclasses a strong field at the Grenke Classic
Magazine, 60 pages
UK’s most popular CHESS Magazine – established 1935! All the regular features of the UK’s best-selling CHESS magazine plus more! In this issue:
- Elevation – Levon Aronian outclassed Carlsen and Caruana in Germany
- Swiss Musings – Milos Pavlovic had plenty to ponder at the Zurich Open
- Rising Stars – Arvola and Sarin impressed John-Paul Wallace in Norway
- From Slow Beginnings – John Pigott paid a highly successful visit to the Reykjavik Open
- Nihal Sarin – John-Paul Wallace caught up with the young Indian star
- The Annoying …Ìg4 Sally – Junior Tay looks at the power an early …Ìg4 can pack
- Let Me Show You Something – Amatzia Avni presents his critically unclaimed study
- Not Quite Petrosian – James Essinger continues to enjoy the chess played in East Kent
- A New Champion – John Thornton reports from the Welsh Championship
Plus all the regular features such as: How Good is Your Chess?, Saunders on Chess, Find the Winning Moves, Never Mind the Grandmasters, Studies, Home & Overseas News, Calendar and Book Reviews.