CHESS Magazine – March 2019: Art Attack
CHESS Magazine – March 2019
Art Attack – Vladislav Artemiev shocks on the Rock
All the regular features of the UK’s best-selling CHESS magazine and more! Regular features include: How Good is Your Chess? by GM Daniel King, Saunders on Chess, Find the Winning Moves, Never Mind the Grandmasters…, Studies, Home & Overseas News, Forthcoming Events Calendar and Book Reviews.
In this issue:
- Editorial – Malcolm Pein on the latest developments in the game
- 60 Seconds with…Vladislav Artemiev – The winner of Gibraltar is a big fan of boxing and its greats
- The Magnus-ficent Seven – Carlsen won as Kramnik retired at Wijk, watched by Yochanan Afek
- How Good is Your Chess? – Daniel King presents a crushing win by the world champion
- Find the Winning Moves – Can you do as well as the players at the 4NCL?
- Quality Training – IM John Pigott reports from the Quality Chess Training Academy
- Rock Solid – The stars again descended on Gibraltar, but Artemiev was too strong
- The End of an Era – Vladimir Kramnik has unfortunately played his last classical game
- The New Wizard – Matthew Sadler and Natasha Regan on their experience of AlphaZero
- Attack and Combine: Kurt Richter – Craig Pritchett on a new McFarland work and a fine attacking player
- The Captain and the Chess Legend – Bob Jones on archaeology, Captain Flinders and Philidor
- Studies with Stephenson – Brian reports on this year’s International Solving Contest
- Never Mind the Grandmasters… – Carl Portman enjoyed watching a brutal win by Jake Hurley
- The Future of Chess in Education – Sean Marsh enjoyed the sixth London Chess Conference
Click here to download a free PDF preview of this issue
DOWNLOAD THE GAMES FROM THIS ISSUE: PGN FORMAT | CBV FORMAT
To open these files you’ll need a PGN reader or Chess software such as HIARCS Chess Explorer, Fritz, Houdini or Chessbase.