CHESS Magazine – November 2019: Radjabov Returns
CHESS Magazine – November 2019
Magazine, 60 pages
All the regular features of the UK’s best-selling CHESS magazine and more! Regular features include: How Good is Your Chess? by GM Daniel King, Saunders on Chess, Find the Winning Moves, Never Mind the Grandmasters…, Studies, Home & Overseas News, Forthcoming Events Calendar and Book Reviews.
In this issue:
- Editorial – Malcolm Pein on the latest developments in the game
- 60 Seconds with…FM Alex Longson – We catch up with one Director of the UK Chess Challenge
- Radjabov’s Return – Teimour Radjabov was the last man standing at the World Cup
- Coming of Age? – Andrew Ledger made his senior debut for England in Croatia
- Stunning Blows – James Plaskett was present at the World Senior Team Championship
- Chess is Coming Home…to Newcastle! – Tim Wall reports from the second reborn Northumbria Masters
- Never Mind the Grandmasters – Carl presents his epic battle with Anatoly Karpov no less
- How Good is Your Chess? – Daniel King is always entertained by David Navara’s play
- My ’59 Memorable Wins – John Henderson on the 1959 Candidates where Tal beat Fischer 4-0
- Studies with Stephenson – Brian looks at how the studies world is attracting young interest
- The Good Lady meets the Badmaster – Bob Jones explains how G.H. Diggle became ‘The Badmaster’
- Fischer confronts his Nemesis… – James Essinger looks at a clash between Bobby and Efim Geller
- An Introduction to Prophylaxis – Jose L. Vilela explains all about this important if confusing concept
- Find the Winning Moves – Can you do as well as the players in St. Louis and Khanty-Mansiysk?
- Overseas News – Humpy Koneru returned to form in the Women’s Grand Prix
- Home News – John Saunders reports from the anniversary of Barclays Bank CC
- Solutions – Who won a copy of Yochanan Afek’s Extreme Chess Tactics?
- This Month’s New Releases – The latest reviews from Sean Marsh and Danny Gormally
- Saunders on Chess – John demonstrates that taking a break doesn’t always help
Click here to download a free PDF preview of this issue
DOWNLOAD THE GAMES FROM THIS ISSUE: PGN FORMAT | CBV FORMAT
To open these files you’ll need a PGN reader or Chess software such as HIARCS Chess Explorer, Fritz, Houdini or Chessbase.