CHESS Magazine – October 2014
Caruana outclasses rivals to win strongest ever tournament
Magazine, 60 pages
UK’s most popular CHESS Magazine – established 1935! All the regular features of the UK’s best-selling CHESS magazine plus more! In this issue:
- Fantastic Fabiano – Caruana rather ran away with the Sinquefield Cup
- Opening Trends – Some club player favourites were popular in Tromso
- A Red Tide – China swept all before them at the Olympiad, losing just one game
- Home Fortunes – The Brits in Tromso, Mickey Adams and Andrew Greet annotate
- Leonid Stein’s Masterclass: Part 1 – Steve Giddins pays homage to one of his favourite players
- The Best Ever Tournament Result? – James Coleman tries to put Caruana’s victory into perspective
- A Momentous Year – John Saunders on Nigel Short’s annus mirabilis
- Drimer’s Rook – Matthew Lunn discusses a certain rook lift in the Budapest
- A Busy Summer – Once again Yochanan Afek competed on the Dutch circuit
Plus all the regular features such as: How Good is Your Chess? Saunders on Chess, Studies, Home & Overseas News, Find the Winning Moves, Calendar, Book Reviews.
DOWNLOAD THE GAMES FROM THIS ISSUE: CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD IN PGN FORMAT
To open these files you’ll need a PGN reader or Chess software such as HIARCS Chess Explorer, Fritz, Houdini or Chessbase.