CHESS Magazine – October 2019: King Ding
CHESS Magazine – October 2019
All hail to King Ding – Ding Liren defeats Magnus Carlsen in Blitz tie-breaker
Magazine, 60 pages
All the regular features of the UK’s best-selling CHESS magazine and more! Regular features include: How Good is Your Chess? by GM Daniel King, Saunders on Chess, Find the Winning Moves, Never Mind the Grandmasters…, Studies, Home & Overseas News, Forthcoming Events Calendar and Book Reviews.
In this issue:
- Editorial – Malcolm Pein on the latest developments in the game
- 60 Seconds with…David Kramaley – We catch up with the founder of Chessable
- Drama & Burnout – Magnus Carlsen struggled as the GCT arrived in St. Louis
- It’s Chess Jim, but not as we know it – Matthew Sadler enjoyed the variety of chess on offer at the MSO
- Playing Silly Buggers – After a wild encounter, James Plaskett lost an endgame he knew
- To Hull and Back – Sean Marsh was impressed by the English Women’s Championship
- Find the Winning Moves – Can you do as well as the GCT players and those in Torquay?
- Remembering Benko – Matthew Read pays tribute to the Hungarian great Pal Benko
- “It Starts with Hello” – Ben Graff sees how the 64 squares can bring people together
- Chess on the Net – Let Danny Rosenbaum be your guide to chess on YouTube and Twitch
- You’ve been Beckered! – Geoff Chandler imagines what might happen if moves were copyright
- How Good is Your Chess? – Daniel King on the Grand Chess Tour and the rise of Yu Yangyi
- Never Mind the Grandmasters… – Carl Portman could hardly believe who he got to play in Chartres
- You Never Know – Bob Jones reports from Paignton where a record was possibly set
- Pula Stars – Matthew Lunn reports back from his busman’s holiday in Croatia
- Overseas News – Evgeny Tomashevsky and Olga Girya are the Russian Champions
- Home News – Who has qualified for the final of the UK Open Blitz Championship?
- This Month’s New Releases – James Vigus very much enjoyed Quality Chess’ latest offering
- Saunders on Chess – John discovers that a book has been written on just final round games
Click here to download a free PDF preview of this issue
DOWNLOAD THE GAMES FROM THIS ISSUE: PGN FORMAT | CBV FORMAT
To open these files you’ll need a PGN reader or Chess software such as HIARCS Chess Explorer, Fritz, Houdini or Chessbase.